Aaron Hernandez Indicted In 2012 Boston Double Homocide

at 9:38 am | By
REUTERS/Mike George/Pool

REUTERS/Mike George/Pool

Former New England Patriot, Aaron Hernandez has been indicted by a Suffolk County grand jury in connection to two deaths in Boston back in July 16, 2012.

Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said at a news conference Thursday announcing that Hernandez has been indicted that the victims were “ambushed and executed” as they drove home and that Hernandez was the gunman.

CELEBRITY MUG SHOTS: THE USUAL AND UNUSUAL SUSPECTS

Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado were shot to death in a driveby shootout as they sat in a car in Boston’s South End nearly two years ago. According to court documents, Hernandez and his victims were at a Boston nightclub at the same time and also left roughly at the same time. Witnesses reported seeing an SUV with Rhode Island license plates stop next to the victims’ car at a stoplight. Two witnesses indicated that someone inside the SUV opened fire on the victims’ car, firing six shots.

“For us, this case was not about Aaron Hernandez,” said District Attorney Conley. “These men were ambushed and executed as they drove home along Shawmut Avenue. Neither of (the victims) wee involved in gangs, guns or violence of any kind. Their chance encounter inside a club triggered a series of events that culminated in these murders.”

Hernandez played the entire 2012 season after the deaths of Abreu and Furtado.

Hernandez is already facing charges for the murder of 27-year-old Oden Lloyd last year and being held without bail after pleading not guilty.


[fb]

Share